Don’t look any further, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
We are currently looking for an
English Proofreader Assistant (M/F/D)
Your mission :
• Prepare and clean manuscripts in terms of language (spelling and grammar) ;
• Prepare manuscripts with regard to typography ;
• Prepare texts to be published in the Official Journal without any changes in terminology or meaning ;
• Prepare manuscripts in the original language before adoption, clarify language specific issues with counterparts in the originating institution in a clear and documented way ("Early Reading") ;
• Copy-edit (rewriting, revision) texts at the request of the author, check the internal consistency of the text (contents, references and titles of quoted acts, correspondence between titles in the text and a possible table of contents, etc.) ;
• Translate, at the request of the author, small missing or incomprehensible pieces of text in manuscript, as well as short and non-legal texts (headings, titles, communications to the reader, etc.) ;
• Compare the proof with the manuscript or, if necessary, with previous proofs, and insert possible author's corrections with a view to delivering the 'pass for press' ;
• Check the linguistic quality of material provided or published
• Check corrections not made by the Institution (external proofreaders) ;
• Ensure training and mentoring of new team members ('on-the-job' training)
• Correct tests of candidates for proofreading support staff.
Your profile :
• You have a strong first experience as in the domain of proofreading or publication production ;
• You are fluent in English (C2) ;
• Experience in the use of electronic publishing systems would be an advantage ;
• Knowledge of web languages (HTML, XML, CSS, CGML) and specific tools (Formex, EUR-Lex, LegisWrite) ;
• Knowledge of Business process management (BPM): workflow application; web IT development ;
• You have good command of Adobe Acrobat and MS Word.
Randstad attaches great importance to equal opportunities. We recruit candidates on the basis of their skills, regardless of their age, sexual orientation, nationality, religious beliefs, gender, disability, etc.
Ready to take up this new challenge? Do not hesitate to apply for this vacancy. We look forward to meeting you!