For one of our clients, a European Institution, we are searching for:
A Senior Executive Assistant (m/f/d)
Start/End Dates: 20/03/2023 - 21/05/2023
The (Senior) Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive secretarial, administrative, and executive assistance mainly of confidential and strictly confidential nature to the Director of Human and Resources Management (H&RM), ensuring the smooth running of her office.
Reports to the Director of H&RM, liaises closely with the secretariats of the organisation’s Heads of Department and works in close cooperation with the Department’s Heads of Division, Heads of Unit and other team members, interfaces with the Chief Executive’s office, relevant counterparts, and external contacts.
• Serve as primary point of contact and liaison for the Director of H&RM including on complex and confidential issues, both internally and externally;
• Assist the Director of H&RM in all administrative tasks by screening and distributing incoming documents and correspondence; scheduling and prioritising on behalf of the Director of H&RM and preparing responses and/or ensuring appropriate follow-up;
• Organise the Director of H&RM’s agenda by scheduling appointments and organizing complex meetings; ensure appropriate follow-up of managerial decisions and divisional action plans;
• Organise events including management of attendance records and travel arrangements accordingly;
• Ensure good information flow and circulate information adequately of diverse and confidential nature within the Department in order to assist the Director of H&RM in the performance of her duties and keep departmental staff informed/updated;
• Draft/edit/finalise correspondence on request and documents requiring the Director of H&RM's approval and/or signature, ensuring quality control and attend and minute meetings where appropriate;
• Proactively prepare files in view of upcoming meetings and/or events;
• Coordinate as relevant with the Senior Management’s secretariat and the secretariats of the other Department Heads, and maintain a good team spirit;
• Provide guidance as necessary on administrative procedures; identify improvements and developments of existing methods and processes; suggest ways to streamline administrative tasks in order to enhance work organisation and effectiveness;
• Organise and update punctually the Director of H&RM electronic filing system and paper filing.
• Secondary level education, complemented with a 2-year certification in a relevant field human resources, legal, business administration or secondary level education with equally qualified experience in a relevant field;
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience as a Personal/Executive Assistant; experience of work handling confidential information is a distinct requirement;
• Knowledge and application of administrative and operational policies and procedures, including those on privacy and confidentiality;
• Commitment to ensuring confidentiality is mandatory;
• Outstanding English drafting skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently;
• Excellent knowledge of standard computer tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of Peoplesoft would be an advantage;
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Other languages would be an advantage.
• High sense of discretion and confidentiality;
• Ability to work accurately under pressure;
• Very strong organisation and execution skills;
• Excellent ability to prioritise;
• Service oriented and committed to quality;
• Flexibility and ability to multitask;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong team-working spirit as well as ability to work independently.