We are pleased to collaborate with our client, a financial company here in Luxembourg, to hire on a permanent basis:
Senior Financial Accountant (M/F)
Overview of Expectations
The role will be within the Investment Finance team. Investment Finance is responsible for the financial management and financial co-ordination of company and assets in assistance to the asset managers.
Key Roles, Tasks and Responsibilities
Asset Management Support:
· Monitoring of bank accounts;
· Reviewing invoice schedules, liaising with the relevant parties to confirm approval and organize payments;
· Review of monthly cost variance reports and reconciling to cash movements; and
· Liaising with local accountants and Luxembourg administrators in respect to financial queries.
· Assisting local accountants in opening bank accounts and maintaining the bank mandates up-to-date; and
· Preparing process maps that identify accounting and tax processes between local accountants and administrators for new investments.
Accounting and Tax Support:
· Review and validate quarterly accounting reports and financial statements prepared by external accountants or property managers for completeness and consistency;
· Oversee the audit process of Lux and UK SPVs and preparation of memos requested by the auditors (i.e. going concern assessment memo, …); and
· Oversee the Lux and UK tax obligations with the local services providers.
· Oversee the preparation of any legal documentation needed during the entire life of a project in Lux and UK (capital increase, change of directors, new cash injection, distribution, approval of financial statements, …).
· Organize the liquidation of Lux and UK entities together with local advisors.
· Updating the quarterly reporting timeline;
· Supporting the Investment Accountants with the preparation of quarterly investment reports, annual valuations and budgets; and
· Reviewing reporting and tax deadlines of all subsidiaries in Lux and UK.
· Ability to work effectively and co-operatively both individually and as a team player;
· Thoughtful and effective approach to problem solving and a strong attention to details;
· Think creatively to identify opportunities to strengthen existing systems and controls
· Organised with good communications skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and manage conflicting deadlines;
· Interest in studying towards a professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA); and
· Proactive, with a desire to develop their knowledge in real estate and private equity.
Required skills and experience:
· Experience of working within a finance function during 4-6 years;
· Degree educated with a good academic record;
· Typical studies are BAC in accounting or financial management, Master in economics or tax.
· Strong analytical, numerical and IT skills (Excel in particular); and
· Strong project management skills and the ability to drive projects forward.
Interested? Send us your CV without further delay. Only CVs matching these criteria will be taken into consideration.
Randstad is one of the leading players worldwide in the area of recruitment, temporary work and human resources services. Randstad has been operating in Luxembourg since 1995 and works for most of the important companies of the country....